The winners of this year’s Reactions London Market Awards were revealed during a glittering ceremony at the Grange Tower Bridge Hotel on June 23. Leading the party were Beazley, Guy Carpenter and Hannover Re, among the many other big names handed coveted prizes.
A packed event this year saw many of the leading figures in the London re/insurance market congregate for an evening of dinner, comedy, celebration and partying, where they were welcomed by Reactions’ editor David Benyon and comedian for the evening Simon Evans.
Beazley scooped Insurer of the Year, and the award for Global Achievement of a London Market Insurer or Reinsurer for its recent US expansion. Insurance CEO of the Year was won by Charles Philipps of MS Amlin, while Victor Peignet of Scor Global P&C took home the prize for Reinsurance CEO of the Year.
Guy Carpenter’s Nick Frankland was named Reinsurance Broking CEO of the Year. Guy Carpenter also took away the Reinsurance Broker of the Year award, while its Property Solutions Group got the gong for Reinsurance Broking Team of the Year. Hannover Re won Reinsurer of the Year, and its specialty team took home the award for Reinsurance Team of the Year.
Industry Personality of the Year was won by Rupert Atkin of Talbot, who recently retired as the re/insurer’s chief executive. Swiss Re’s Michel Liès was honoured with the Lifetime Achievement Award; he is set to retire next month, the reinsurer has said.
Aon’s Stephen McGill took the Insurance Broking CEO of the Year award, while Aon’s Carrier Link initiative was crowned Global Achievement of a London Market Broker. The coveted Insurance Broker of the Year prize was collected by Price Forbes. Meanwhile the (new) Judges’ Award for Contribution to the Industry went to Tom Bolt, recently of Lloyd’s of London and now joining Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance.
Young Broker of the Year was won by Sebastian Cook, a property treaty broker at Aon Benfield, while the reinsurance broker also scooped PR Team of the Year.
Meanwhile the Young Underwriter of the Year award went to Megan McConnell of ICAT Lloyd’s Syndicate 4242.
Hiscox found glory in the Insurance Team of the Year category; its cyber and liability team took home that award. The insurer also took the award for Marketing Team of the Year.
Reactions wants to thank the judging panel of senior London market executives, event sponsors Darag, BlackRock and Sidley Austin as well as all the wonderful winners, nominees and attendees. Same time next year!
Reactions London Market Awards 2016 – Winners
- Insurance CEO of the Year: Charles Philipps, MS Amlin
- Reinsurance CEO of the Year: Victor Peignet, Scor Global P&C
- Insurance Broking CEO of the Year: Stephen McGill, Aon
- Reinsurance Broking CEO of the Year: Nick Frankland, Guy Carpenter
- Young Underwriter of the Year: Megan McConnell, ICAT Lloyd’s Syndicate 4242
- Young Broker of the Year: Sebastian Cook, property treaty broker, Aon Benfield
- Industry Personality of the Year: Rupert Atkin, Talbot
- Judges’ Award for Contribution to the Industry: Tom Bolt
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Michel Lies, Swiss Re
- Insurer of the Year: Beazley
- Reinsurer of the Year: Hannover Re
- Insurance Broker of the Year: Price Forbes
- Reinsurance Broker of the Year: Guy Carpenter
- Global Achievement of a London Market Insurer or Reinsurer: Beazley (US expansion)
- Global Achievement of a London Market Broker: Aon Carrier Link initiative
- Innovation of the Year: Novae, new SPS
- Legal Firm of the Year: EC3
- Risk Modeller of the Year: Oasis
- Consultancy of the Year: Moore Stephens
- Bank of the Year: Lloyds Bank
- Technology Provider of the Year: RCS (Willis Towers Watson)
- Asset Manager of the Year: BlackRock
- Re/insurance Fund Manager of the Year: Securis
- Run-off Company of the Year: Darag
- Insurance Team of the Year: Hiscox liability, cyber team
- Reinsurance Team of the Year: Hannover Re specialty team
- Insurance Broking Team of the Year: Lockton financial institutions team
- Reinsurance Broking Team of the Year: Guy Carpenter Property Solutions Group
- Marketing Team of the Year: Hiscox
- PR Team of the Year: Aon Benfield
- Deal of the Year: Ace / Chubb