New Paradigm Group has announced the initial slate of panelists, sponsors and opening keynote for its inaugural New Paradigm Global Parametric Insurance and Reinsurance Conference (“New Paradigm Conference”) at the Eden Roc/Nobu Hotel in Miami Beach on April 2-3, 2020.
The two-day event will be a forum for learning how parametric insurance and technologies are closing the global protection gap. New Paradigm Group is a Florida-based insurance holding company with subsidiaries specializing in providing parametric insurance and reinsurance solutions.
The conference's opening keynote speaker will be Mike Sapnar, CEO of Transatlantic Reinsurance Ltd. (TransRe).
Preliminary panel participants for the New Paradigm Conference include:
- Karen Clark, Founder and CEO, Karen Clark and Co.
- Jorge Benitez, Insurance Consultant to RCD Hotels
- Steve Evans, Owner, Artemis.bm & Reinsurancene.ws
- Peter Miller, Managing Director, Neuberger Berman Re
- Robert Nusslein, Head Innovative Risk Solutions, America, Swiss Re Corporate Solutions
- Andrea Baer, Head Innovative Risk Solutions, Latin America, Swiss Re Corporate Solutions
- Steven Nigro, Managing Partner, TAG Financial Institutions Group
- Diego Monsalve, VP Parametric Solutions Latin America and the Caribbean, Marsh
Preliminary Session topics are currently set to include:
- The Natural Disaster Protection Gap: Is this the largest market opportunity GLOBALLY for the (Re)Insurance industry?
- How are parametric insurance solutions solving problems in Latin America and the Caribbean? (With a high frequency & severity of catastrophes, parametric insurance is already being widely utilized in this region)
- How Governments are utilizing parametric solutions for resiliency
- Parametric Triggers & Policy design considerations (Understanding the basis risk upfront in a parametric policy vs. hidden in a traditional policy.)
- What is next for Parametric risk transfer? (New Perils, New Regions, and New Contract Types)
- Parametric (Re)Insurance: The buyers’ perspective
Initial sponsors for the conference include TransRe (Diamond Presenting Sponsor); Karen Clark and Co. (KCC); RMS; Swiss Re Corporate Solutions; McDermott, Will & Emery; TAG Financial Institutions Group; and Neuberger Berman.
“At many of the insurance and reinsurance conferences New Paradigm has attended over the last several years there has been the occasional speaker or panel discussing either parametric insurance and/or the protection gap. We believe parametric solutions deserve their own educational forum,” New Paradigm CEO Evan Glassman said in a statement.
“We are so excited about the level of interest in the conference coming from many geographies and stakeholders in this rapidly growing risk transfer sector. The Conference is providing a unique forum to learn, further the development of parametric risk transfer, and network with other industry participants and (re)insurance purchasers from many segments and regions,” he added.
For more information about the conference, including to purchase tickets, remaining sponsorship opportunities, and hotel room block, go to http://ParametricConference.com.